Public transport and access to venues
1. Pearce Community Centre, 1 Collett Place, Pearce
- Large meeting room, Building 1, Pearce Community Centre, (phone 6290 1984).
- Buses come from Woden interchange. Easy Access Bus route No 21 leaves Woden interchange at 11.38am and arrives next to the Community Centre, opposite Pearce shops, at approx. 12.04pm. The Easy Access type of bus is expected but not guaranteed by ACTION buses.
- Parking is free and reasonably available
- SHOUT is fully accessible
2. Arthritis ACT at 170 Haydon Drive Bruce
Numerous busses connect to this location opposite the University of Canberra. Check bus timetables to suit you. The venue is fully accessible and there is free parking near the building.
3. Hackett – Maitland House, 100 Maitland Street, Hackett
- HCCA, Hackett. The large Meeting Room, Maitland House (formerly Sports House) in Hackett at . Phone: 02 6230 7800.
- Catch Bus No.2 from Civic interchange to Hackett and alight at the first corner of Madigan St and Maitland St (before Hackett shops is reached). Meeting is in the old school building and grounds on your left, the building next to the Blue Gum school. Watch out for our sign once inside the building. The bus No. 2 leaves Civic at 11.47 getting to Hackett just a few minutes after 12.00pm. This is not shown as a specially designed accessible bus, but the building is accessible. Once at the meeting, it is possible we’ll find a lift home for you.
- Transport HELP: Call 62811036 if you’d like help with transport, as for Pearce above.